Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- The technique of looking for and locating objects on the shore to navigate is called?
- a) Navigation
- b) Dead Reckoning
- c) Piloting
- d) Lighthouses
2.What is dead reckoning?
- a) Using objects on the shore to navigate
- b) Recording how far you have travelled in each direction based on a fixed point
- c) Using the stars and Sun to decide which way to go
- d) Making dead people decide which way to go
- Using the Sun, Moon, and stars to navigate is called?
- a) Celestial movement b) Global Positioning System
- c) Celestial Navigation d) none of the above
- Explain, in your own words, how you think GPS (Global Positioning Systems) work.
→ I think it works by knowing North, South, East and West.
- True or False: Submarines use high frequency radiation to navigate underwater.
- a) True b) False
- What are the people outside of an aircraft who help navigate planes called?
- a) Pilots b) Navigators
- c) Air Traffic Controllers d) Playstation Controllers
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|celestial||It means pertaining to the sky or outer space.||“Navigators sometimes use celestial navigation”|
|global||It means world wide.||“ They ship global”|
|compass||It means a device that tells you directions.||“We use a compass to find our way”|
- Explain: Birds were released by navigators from ships to find land, but how else, do you think, navigators could use wild birds to find land?
→I think When they were still finding their home and they were just surrounded by water when they saw a wild bird flying they must have thought that’s a land bird so they followed the bird and then they found their new home.
TASK DESCRIPTION- Today I learnt about navigation and Directions. Hope you like it.