Food in China – Questions
Highlight the correct answer for each question.
1) How often do Chinese people buy fresh vegetables and fruit?
They go and by Fresh vegetables Daily.
2) Chinese food consists of which four food groups?
Grains, Vegetables, Fruit and meat.
3) Rice is eaten more in which part of China?
4) Why do Chinese people not eat a lot of milk & dairy products?
Because they are lactose intolerant.
5) In a Chinese diet how many meals will contain rice?
Almost every meal.
6) What happens to someone who does not eat all of their rice?
They will marry someone with a pimple – scared face.
7) Every grain of rice is described as “a hardship of labour”. What do those words mean?
It means that it’s hard work and at the end of the day you are sore.
|Hardship||Definition: Harsh suffering|
|Labour||Definition: Hard work|
8) What do you think is meant by “a hardship of labour” now?
It means that it was a very harsh and hard job
EXTRA) Do your family practice using tea or different herbs to help with health? If they do, tell me about them!
In my culture we have a special water that we have to drink when you are not feeling well.